Statement from the Chairman of Hampshire Writers’ Society, Dr Gary Farnell regarding the current situation.
In response to current circumstances, a decision at the University of Winchester to move to online delivery has meant that it is no longer possible for the Hampshire Writers’ Society to hold its meetings at the Stripe Theatre. Sadly, it has been necessary to cancel the Society’s events scheduled for April, May and June. The competitions will still go ahead, but the adjudicators may change.
The current situation is being kept under review, such that the Society will consider ways of adapting to the new landscape in which we find ourselves. We aim to launch our new season in September 2020 as previously planned, should there be a significant change to prevailing circumstances. The Hampshire Writers’ Society sends very best wishes to all at this challenging time.
significant change to prevailing circumstances. The Hampshire Writers’ Society sends very best wishes to all at this challenging time.
The Hampshire Writers’ Society welcomes all aspiring and published writers wherever they live.
The Society is celebrating its ninth season of talks, readings, panels and performances by well known novelists, authors, playwrights, scriptwriters, literary agents, editors and industry specialists.
Annual Membership from September £35, free to students, visitors £6 per event
The subscription includes:
- Membership for the season September 2019 until August 2020
- Free entry to the monthly HWS writing competitions (10 competitions)
- Free membership of the HWS critique group (meets 3rd Tuesday of the month in the Stripe building, University of Winchester)
- A stall at the Book Fair (December and June) for published members, includes self published
- Entry to our events on Tuesday evenings.
- Free membership to students with their student card
To help you get started, here are some quick links: