Our next event:
Tuesday 12th November 7.30pm
The Stripe Theatre, University of Winchester, Sparkford Road, Winchester, SO22 4NR
Speaker: Laura Williams, literary agent
Myth-busting the Publications Industry
Laura Williams joined Greene & Heaton as a literary agent in 2018. She represents a list of literary fiction, general commercial fiction, and high-concept contemporary young adult, as well as narrative non-fiction of all kinds.
In her talk, Laura will reveal the true way in which the publications industry works, providing guidance that will be useful to both aspiring and published authors.
Special Guest: Emma-Nicole Lewis, novelist of history and the supernatural
November Competition: The Waiting Room (300 words) Deadline for entries 25th October
Adjudicator: Laura Williams (literary agent)
Bar, networking from 7pm
The Hampshire Writers’ Society welcomes all aspiring and published writers wherever they live.
The Society will soon be celebrating its ninth season of talks, readings, panels and performances by well known novelists, authors, playwrights, scriptwriters, literary agents, editors and industry specialists.
Annual Membership £30, free to students, visitors £5 per event
The subscription includes:
- Membership for the season September 2019 until August 2020
- Free entry to the monthly HWS writing competitions (10 competitions)
- Free membership of the HWS critique group (meets 3rd Tuesday of the month in the Stripe building, University of Winchester)
- A stall at the Book Fair (December and June) for published members, includes self published
- Entry to our events on Tuesday evenings.
- Free membership to students with their student card
To help you get started, here are some quick links: