Our next event:
Tuesday 11th February 2020 at 7.30pm
Networking and bar from 7pm
Venue: Stripe Theatre Building, University of Winchester, Sparkford Road, Winchester SO22 4NR
Joel McIver is the bestselling author of more than 30 books on rock music, and has worked with many globally-renowned musicians in several capacities. He is also a contributor to several magazines and newspapers, including the Guardian and the Daily Telegraph, and appears regularly on BBC and commercial radio and TV.
The Geek Will Inherit The Earth
Joel will describe his journey from teenage heavy metal nerd to bestselling author.
Special Guest: Glenn Fosbraey, Senior Lecturer, Department of English, Creative Writing and American Studies
Competition: Everyone hates this song. Here’s why I love it. (300 words). Entry deadline: 25th January (See website for rules of the competition)
Adjudicator: Joel McIver
The Hampshire Writers’ Society welcomes all aspiring and published writers wherever they live.
Reduced membership for January and February £25
The Society will soon be celebrating its ninth season of talks, readings, panels and performances by well known novelists, authors, playwrights, scriptwriters, literary agents, editors and industry specialists.
Annual Membership £30, free to students, visitors £6 per event
The subscription includes:
- Membership for the season September 2019 until August 2020
- Free entry to the monthly HWS writing competitions (10 competitions)
- Free membership of the HWS critique group (meets 3rd Tuesday of the month in the Stripe building, University of Winchester)
- A stall at the Book Fair (December and June) for published members, includes self published
- Entry to our events on Tuesday evenings.
- Free membership to students with their student card
To help you get started, here are some quick links: