Professor Joy Carter CBE DL, Vice-chancellor, University of Winchester and Honorary Patron, Hampshire Writers’ Society:
It is with deep sadness to learn that Barbara Large has passed away. Barbara has been a hugely important and loved part of the University community for decades, most notably for creating and running the Writers’ Festival for over three decades, as well as founding the Hampshire Writers’ Society. Her life was full of passion and energy; all who encountered her were struck by what a remarkable woman she was. Our thoughts and prayers go out to her family at this sad time.
Our next event:
Visit the HWS blog to find out more about the authors showcasing their books at the book fair.
The Hampshire Writers’ Society welcomes all aspiring and published writers wherever they live.
The Society will soon be celebrating its ninth season of talks, readings, panels and performances by well known novelists, authors, playwrights, scriptwriters, literary agents, editors and industry specialists.
Annual Membership £30, free to students, visitors £5 per event
Special reduced membership fee of £25 – for membership until end of August 2020 if paid before 31st August 2019
The subscription includes:
- Membership for the season September 2019 until August 2020
- Free entry to the monthly HWS writing competitions (10 competitions)
- Free membership of the HWS critique group (meets 3rd Tuesday of the month in the Stripe building, University of Winchester)
- A stall at the Book Fair (December and June) for published members, includes self published
- Entry to our events on Tuesday evenings.
- Free membership to students with their student card
To help you get started, here are some quick links: