Our next event:
Tuesday 10th March 2020 at 7.30pm
Networking from 7pm
Venue: Stripe Theatre Building, University of Winchester, Sparkford Road, Winchester SO22 4NR
Talk: Getting to grips with Genre – why understanding your genre is so important.
Christine Hammacott writes psychological suspense. In her day job she is a graphic designer and runs her own design consultancy, The Art of Communication, working with companies on branding, websites and promotional materials. Christine has worked in publishing as a cover and book designer and having gone down the self-publishing route herself, now helps other authors through the process of getting their books to market. Although self-published all of the books look and feel as if they are traditionally published.
Special Guest: Pauline Rowson, author of the Inspector Andy Horton police procedural crime novels
Competition: Write the beginning of a murder mystery set in the past. (300 words) Entry deadline: 25th February (See website for rules of the competition)
Adjudicator: Claire Gradidge, Winner of the Richard & Judy Search for a Bestseller Competition 2019.
Please note a change to our advertised programme for 10th March 2020. Stella Duffy is no longer available on this date.
The Hampshire Writers’ Society welcomes all aspiring and published writers wherever they live.
Reduced membership for March to £20 for rest of the 2019/2020 season
The Society is celebrating its ninth season of talks, readings, panels and performances by well known novelists, authors, playwrights, scriptwriters, literary agents, editors and industry specialists.
Annual Membership £30, free to students, visitors £6 per event
The subscription includes:
- Membership for the season September 2019 until August 2020
- Free entry to the monthly HWS writing competitions (10 competitions)
- Free membership of the HWS critique group (meets 3rd Tuesday of the month in the Stripe building, University of Winchester)
- A stall at the Book Fair (December and June) for published members, includes self published
- Entry to our events on Tuesday evenings.
- Free membership to students with their student card
To help you get started, here are some quick links: